Durban from above

Sunday, June 9, 2013

WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: FLEETING - Teeth and Entertainment.

R loses tooth     
R has unexpectedly, and far too early, shed her first tooth; a front bottom one, at age five.  That first set is a fleeting thing, but should at least last until about age seven.
     Anyway, she came to show me a special box she has put it in, saying, ‘The tooth fairy will come and see, “My first tooth”, on the box, and then she’ll open it and she’ll take it and put it in her tooth castle and then she’ll come back and give me five thousand Rand, and then I’ll use that to win the Lotto, and then we can go to Disneyland.  And I’ll buy a castle.’  I quickly jotted this down verbatim.  You will note that she doesn’t exactly think small. (She seemed to say it all in one breath, too!) 

     Another variation on this theme, with pictures not my own:
 Germany Frozen Fleas
If in Circus
Fleas are workers,
Carts they tow are, in the main, meant
As a flea-t’ing entertainment.
Flea 
     And a haiku for the Foam (for Michael) theme of "What do you see when you close your eyes at night?"
My main current writing project.

Review of writing:
Thoughts run deep, and block out sleep -
Far too exciting!
© Colonialist June 2013 (Blogger)

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes, true. I hate when I have something that isn't fully baked, but yet begging to be put down. An idea, or project to do, or... a winning lottery prize to spend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or when it is clear and one is in full flow, but one simply MUST get some sleep! Then one carries on writing in one's head, anyhow!

    ReplyDelete